All offers are subject to terms, conditions & availability.
Caravanning / Holiday Parks
Guest Houses / B&B's
A Birthday to Remember - Dylan Thomas Birthday Walk
A birthday to remember - Come and visit the ancient township of Laugharne & Dylan Thomas country. 'Do the Walk and do the Talk'
Follow 'Dylan’s Birthday Walk' from the Foreshore car park to the shoulder of Sir Johns Hill (approx 2 miles), then return to Laugharne to receive Free Gifts & discounts from participating businesses, such as free pints, food and entry to The Boathouse. Come and explore all the rich history of Laugharne with its castle, church and corporation (700yrs old) and while away your birthday in what Dylan called 'this timeless, mild, beguiling island of a town'.
Allt y Golau Farmhouse
alltygolau.com 01267 290455
We are only ten minutes drive from both the National Botanic Garden of Wales and Aberglasney Gardens and we offer free tickets to the garden of your choice to any visitor who stays for three nights or more. £35 per person per night two people sharing, £45 per person per night single occupancy.
Allt y Golau Farmhouse is situated in an uplifting landscape with panoramic views over the Tywi Valley and beyond towards the Black Mountain. Our Georgian stone walled farmhouse has been furnished and decorated to a very high standard, maintaining many of the original features.
01550 720794 or 07960 871558
Award winning 5 Star, Dog Friendly Holiday Cottage, set in 18 acres of glorious Welsh countryside. 5% off website prices for a limited period if booked directly with owners on 01550 720794 or via e-mail at , quoting 'Discover Carmarthenshire'. Up to 2 dogs can stay FREE OF CHARGE and all guests are welcomed on arrival with a delicious Cream Tea. Offer subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
Cwmcrwth Farm Holiday Cottages
Last Minute Availability in our award winning cottages:
Autumn is a fabulous time in Carmarthenshire. Enjoy the fantastic nature beauty of Autumn colours combined with the unique winter fairs.
- 7 night stay £300 in The Hayloft sleeps 4 (2 bedrooms).
- 7 night stay £400 in The Coach House or Milking Parlour (3 bedroom).
- 2 nights from £150.
- 4 nights from £250.
Lazy Weekends (2 night stay from £220 includes Late Check out).
Escape the city for the weekend. Relax in the countryside, enjoy a country walk, visit castles and beaches or visit one of the Carmarthenshire winter fairs and the Christmas cabins in Carmarthen full of local crafts and food.
- 2-4 December - Aberglasney Winter Fair.
- 10th December - National Botanic Gardens Craft Fair.
- 17th December - National Botanic Gardens Christmas Food Festival.
- The Hayloft sleeps 4 £220.
- The Milking Parlour & Coach House sleeps 6 £250.
- Late check out anytime up to 1pm included.
Cefnmeurig Cottage is situated on Cefnmeurig Farm in Llangynin. 15 minute drive from Laugharne. We have recently converted an outbuilding into a Family History Research Room and we offer Family History Holiday Packages and Family Reunions. The cottage sleeps up to 7 in four ensuite bedrooms. Graded 5 star and award winning.
Llysmeurig Villa, St Clears is a recently renovated 1930s gentleman’s residence with a photographic darkroom and a small museum, reflecting family life in the 1930s and 40s through photographs and memorabilia. The villa sleeps up to 6 in four bedrooms. 4 miles from Laugharne.
- Pampering and Poetry Offer - Read Dylan in comfort on holiday and at home. The offer includes brand new cotton bathrobes, slippers, toiletries and poetry books for you to use and enjoy on your Carmarthenshire self-catering holiday AND for you to take home and keep. (All guests will be given bathrobes on holiday but "take home and keep" bathrobes limited to two per booking. All guests will be able to take home slippers, toiletries and their poetry book)
- Thomas Family Tree Offer - In recognition of Dylan Thomas 100 and the significance of the Thomas surname to Carmarthenshire we are offering a beautiful, customised family tree chart, on quality paper, free of charge to guests with the Thomas surname in their family tree. This very personal document could well become a cherished heirloom for generations to come.
- Photographing Dylan’s Haunts - A photography holiday based at our newly renovated 1930s villa with its own photographic darkroom, situated 4 miles from Laugharne. Lead by our expert photographer, you will photograph Dylan’s haunts in Carmarthenshire and Swansea and learn or improve your dark room processing techniques.
01267 220292 (after 6pm)
Free entry: National Botanic Garden of Wales
Special offer for couples staying at Lan Las, a scenic drive of less than 20mins from the Botanic Gardens. Enjoy a short (3 night) break for 2 persons with free entry tickets* & buffet breakfast included. From £250 outside of school holidays.
*please quote 'Botanic Garden offer' when booking. (Offer is not available with group bookings).
Golfing Breaks at Lan Las
Just 5 miles from Carmarthen golf course, Lan Las is an ideal base for small groups of golfers. We can offer short breaks of 3 nights for as little as £25 pppn, including buffet breakfast; & accommodate up to 4 persons in single occupancy rooms.* Visit Wales accredited Walkers & 'Cyclists Welcome' facilities. Secure storage for equipment, washing & drying facilities etc.
*please ask on booking.
- Roald Dahl inspired Afternoon Tea's have begun and will be served throughout 2016. The overnight family package includes RD afternoon tea for the whole family, a Roald Dahl novel for each child, 1 night's accommodation in one of our rooms, full use of the leisure club and woodland walk, full breakfast the following morning. These packages start at £145 (based on 2 adults & 1 Child).
- Easter Holidays - We have limited mid-week availability during the Easter holidays. RD package is available for a 1 night stay on the 27th of March or anytime from the 3rd - 7th of April. Our lambing season will be well underway by then. Guests will be able to visit the lambs on the farm during their stay at no extra charge.
National Botanic Garden of Wales
Many of you will have visited the Garden, which has been described as a stunning jewel nestled in the west Wales countryside; you will have walked the beautiful necklace of lakes, visited the Tropical House, the historic Double Walled Garden, visited our licensed Seasons Restaurant and sampled meals prepared daily using locally-sourced ingredients.
Lord Foster’s stunning Great Glasshouse, which houses the best collection of Mediterranean climate zone plants in the northern Hemisphere, springs to life during April and May. This is the most exciting time to visit this architectural gem when plants burst into bloom and visitors are greeted by intoxicating smells and sights from lands far away.
All coach drivers receive free entry, a main meal voucher valued at £8.45 and a £2 gift voucher which can be spent in our Garden gift shop or plant sales on the day. There’s also plenty of free parking and we’re very conveniently located just two minutes from the main A48/M4.
Admission to the National Botanic Garden of Wales is FREE in January so why not book a winter visit? There’s so much to do under cover, it will be a great day out whatever the weather. Apart from three ‘event’ weekends (when there is a nominal £2 admission charge), it is absolutely free to visit throughout the month.
Old Oak Barn
01994 230716 or 07787 148884
Child friendly character barn sleeps 4 in a beautiful woodland valley just 5 minutes off the A40 at St Clears. Quality assured in very spacious accommodation with many extras. Perfect for those who like The Big Outdoors. We get consistently excellent reviews. For couples staying we offer a 10% discounted price all year round if booked through Discover Carmarthenshire.
A beautiful, traditional, 5 Star, self catering Welsh holiday cottage within the heart of Brechfa Forest in South West Wales. Stunning views, beautiful walks. A tranquil, peaceful, country experience.
- 10% Discount for 2 Guests only booking a full week any time of the year.
- Enjoy a FREE Welsh Flavour Welcome Pack.
- Discounted National Botanic Garden of Wales Vouchers.
- Discounted Gwili Railway Vouchers.
- Enjoy our 15 acres of beautiful Wild Flowers.
- Enjoy a lovely Country garden.
- Watch the Nesting Red Kite.
- Enjoy a real Welsh Country Holiday.
- We are very child friendly.
- 5 Star Accommodation.
- Go Wild this summer!
Tan y Lan Fach Cottages
A COSY ROMANTIC COTTAGE FOR TWO
Escape to the peace and quiet of this beautiful, romantic cottage with spectacular views overlooking the River Tywi and estuary towards Llansteffan Castle. This cosy cottage is set in a rural secluded area between Llansteffan and Carmarthen. Stays start at £40.00 per night per cottage - right up until the end of January. A warm comfortable double bed will already be made up and waiting for you, together with all linen and towels. The eco-friendly cottage is suitable for a couple or single and is entered by a glass room enabling the views and surrounding area to be enjoyed in any weather.
Please contact Sharon on 01267 241579 or
Ty Castell Guesthouse - Home of the Kingfisher
ty-castell.co.uk 01267 290034
Ty Castell Guest House - Home of the Kingfisher - the closest 4 Star Bed and Breakfast to the National Botanic Garden of Wales offering a la carte evening meals with its own garden and river bank walks open to the public under the National Garden Scheme. Once a farmhouse on the banks of the River Towy, Ty Castell - now a four star guest-house - opens its doors to weekenders, rural explorers, nature and garden admirers. The perfect base for your Welsh peregrinations and where you will truly find a welcome in the valley. Stay 3 nights or more in a double/twin room, includes breakfast, and get FREE entry into the National Botanic Gardens with FREE wireless internet access and FREE private parking in our gated car park. Offer only available by calling 01267 290034 not available online.
01550 779250 / 07807 237340
Graded 5-star by Visit Wales, this property is an ideal place for holiday reunions with family and friends while appreciating the beauty of the Brecon Beacons National Park. During the month of December if any Mary, Joseph or Jesus stays they will be given a 10% discount - and a box of Heavenly Chocolates.