Seaside & Coast
Pembrey Country Park Caravan Club
Pembrey, Llanelli SA16 0EJ. ★ ★ ★ ★
caravanclub.co.uk 01342 326944
Set on the edge of a 520-acre country park, Pembrey Country Park Caravan Club is open to caravans and campervans. Only a mile away from a seven-mile stretch of safe, sandy beach and conveniently located for outdoor activities including horse riding, walking and cycling - alternatively just throw down a beach mat, put up your wind break and enjoy the stunning coastal location.
Facilities: Electric hook-up, disabled facilities, dogs welcome, showers, toilets, dishwashing facilities, laundry, chemical toilet disposal, beach on site, Wi-Fi.
Pendine Sands Holiday Park
Pendine, Carmarthenshire SA33 4NZ. ★ ★ ★ ★
parkdeanholidays.co.uk 0191 2560769
Pendine Sands offers the best of both worlds with lush rural landscapes and breathtaking coastline. This remarkable countryside location is set alongside a glorious beach overlooked by rich headland - perfect for a family seaside getaway. Kids will love playing on the beach, splashing about in the site’s swimming pool or exploring the nature trails.
Facilities: Statics only. Bar, children’s playground, dogs welcome, evening entertainment, games room, laundry room, indoor pool, restaurant, shop on site, disabled facilities.
Tanylan Farm Holidays
Tanylan Farm, Kidwelly SA17 5HJ. ★ ★ ★ ★
tanylanfarmholidays.co.uk 01267 267306
Set only 400 yards from the golden sands of Carmarthen Bay, this is a truly wonderful coastal location. Located near Kidwelly, Tanylan Farm is located on a 200 acre former dairy farm and is one of the few camping spots along this lovely stretch of coastline.
Facilities: With 60 pitches, this 4 Visit Wales Star site caters for tents, caravan and motor homes and offers facilities including chemical disposal, children’s playground, electric hook-up, laundry room, showers, toilet block and washing up area.
For the perfect budget beach break, spend a week exploring the Carmarthenshire coastline from your pitch at Tanylan Farm Holidays...
- Stay at Tanylan Farm Holidays campsite.
- Download Discover Carmarthenshire’s 'Discovering Beaches Coves and Coastlines of Carmarthenshire' guide and learn how to build the perfect sandcastle and what to spot in the local rockpools.
- Spend a day or two at Pembrey Country Park, situated approximately 3 miles from Kidwelly. Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Pembrey Forest and the seven miles of Cefn Sidan beach. It is a superb seaside Country Park offering woodland picnic areas, a dry-ski slope, horse riding, land yachting, orienteering, parascending, mini-railway and putting green.
- Hire a bike and experience some of Route 4 of the Celtic Cycle Trail that runs straight past Tanylan Farm.
- Visit the National Wetlands Centre Wales at Llanelli - spot rare birds, go on a canoe safari and explore the interactive millennium discovery centre.